COVID Update - March 25, 2020
25 March 2020
This an update of food drop-off locations and times because we are adding two sites and changing some times to accommodate the additional sites. There is also information regarding the pickup of supplies from Southwest.
New drop-off sites and times:
- LMS—Circle Drive @ 11am – 1pm.
- Southwest (north entrance by cafeteria) @ 11 am – 1 pm.
- Starcourt Trailer Park (corner of Star and Garfield) @ 11 am – 11:50 am.
- Sacred Heart (332 N. Oak) @ Noon – 1:00 pm.
- Friends Church (824 Maple) @ 11 am – 1 pm.
- Reach Church (1000 E. 6th St) @ 11 am – 11:40 am.
- Country Estates Trailer Court (by the park within—between sections C & F) @ 11:45 am – 1:00 pm.
- Preston delivery from 11:30 am – Noon.
- Iuka (Co-op) 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm.
If you need delivery for a health or transportation reason, please email or call the schools. We understand there can be limitations, but it will be important for kids to get outside and exercise…taking a walk. Food service workers are taking extreme precautions to keep food safe. We have added surgical masks as part of our protocol. We will not require workers to use the masks at the drop-off site…but, they may if they want. We want to remind people to stay consistent with the 6-foot rule—this is to protect our most vulnerable in the community. Also, we erred on the adult meal price—we didn’t account for the breakfast. So, the updated adult price is $5. All others aged 1-18 are free. This is a federal program that we are participating in. Individuals do not have to be USD 382 students but, of course, we will only serve within our school district boundaries.
We continue to work on our Continuous Learning Program, the state’s name for our distance learning alternative, and will begin that rollout next week.
Parents may pick up student school supplies (items from the desk, etc) from Southwest from 10 am – 1 pm on Thursday. Items are bagged and grouped by classroom and will be staged outside to assist social distancing. A message from Southwest will go to parents with the details and is on the SW Facebook page.
It’s a grind, I know. But, I saw some HS students today and it felt good to laugh with them…from six feet away. We are going to stick together and test our grit.