Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation




Ajax Loading Image


Substitute Info

Thank you for your interest in Substitute Teaching for Pratt USD 382. We have an excellent school system that is on a continuous improvement track. However, there are times when our highly qualified teachers are absent from the classroom. It is fortunate we have a strong pool of substitute teachers, but continue to seek additional substitutes.

GENERAL INFO: Types of substitute teacher licenses.

Standard Substitute License: Requires a valid Kansas teacher's license. This license is good for a period of 5 years.

Emergency Substitute License: Requires a minimum of 60 semester credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university. This license must be renewed annually after July 1 by submitting an application and fee.

Costs: There is a licensing fee that is required by the Kansas State Department of Education for a emergency sub license and for a standard license.  There is also a $50.00 fee for fingerprinting.


KSDE Substitute License Information