COVID Update - March 19, 2020
19 March 2020
I thank everyone for their patience as we adapt to changes in our routine…and changes to the changes.
I want to thank our Food Service Director Deb Swift for her work in putting together our meal service plan, which will run through the school year. Below are the details that were on the video. https://boxcast.tv/view/grab-n-go-841716
- Meals are free for individuals aged 1-18. Individuals do not have to be Greenbacks—can be attending another district. We are one community.
- Adult meal prices are
$3.75$5.00. People must have exact change because we are not sending any money with our people and do not want to exchange money back and forth for safety purposes.
- Individuals aged 1-18 must be present to receive the meals. Individuals may walk to the drop-off sites and do not have to be accompanied by a parent.
- The meals will contain that day’s lunch and the next day’s breakfast.
- Drop-off sites and times:
- Liberty Middle School—Circle Drive. 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Southwest Elementary—North entrance by cafeteria. 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- May-Dennis Park—in public parking area. 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Friends Church—824 Maple St. 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Reach Church—1000 E. 6th St. 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Preston by delivery—11:30 am – 12:00 pm.
- IIuka—Iuka Co-op. 12:15 – 1:00 pm
- For special circumstances, we will consider delivery.
- This starts Monday, March 23rd.
I want to reassure our parents that we will develop distance learning options that keep us within state and federal health guidelines. We know that the target changes and we will adapt.
I’m sure there is a lot of anxiety and questions. We have a remarkably resilient Greenback family, but everybody is human. So, I want to give people a chance to send questions regarding the COVID-19 health crisis and our response. The email address is email@example.com. I will answer those. Remember, we are a small district and we do not have a public relations department like a 5A or 6A school system, so I hope you will grant us some grace as we answer questions.
Reminder, no school for students from March 23-27. Please remember that secretaries will not have more information than what has been released. We want to do our part with “flattening the curve” so it is best to call with business if possible. If you need to meet with someone, please make an appointment so we can keep contact to a minimum for all.
I know our PHS Seniors are ready to be leaders; I’m grateful for the response that I’ve heard from them. They are part of our future, and that is most certainly bright.
Pratt Schools USD 382