Quick Links

PRATT USD 382

District Office

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

COVID Update - April 6, 2020

06 April 2020

Greenback Family,

We are one week into our Continuous Learning Plan—our approach for this final quarter—and I want to touch base with our parents.  At this stage, many parents and students have smoothly made the transition to distance learning.  I am continually impressed by the “can-do” spirit of our teachers and our students.  For those struggling with the mechanics, please contact teachers as the first line to help smooth out the wrinkles—we have solutions.  We also recognize that we will continually be recalibrating by grade and subject level to find the right balance for our students. 

For those parents of younger students who are looking for more to challenge their kids, please visit with teachers to build on current expectations.  Knowing that our parents are in a variety of circumstances we did not want to overwhelm parents who are navigating the curriculum with their children.  But, teachers have additional activities—beyond the essential item--available for students to enhance learning if you believe your child can benefit.  We will continue to make regular communication with parents.

For our older, more independent students…stay mentally strong.  The strong will keep pushing themselves and move forward.  Take advantage of the opportunities that teachers give for live instruction and checking in with Zoom (or other platforms).  We know there can be some overlap as we set schedules, especially at the HS level where students cut across many grades.  Visit with us if we have a conflict.  Take this opportunity to show what you can do with independence and your own grit.  We want to be amazed by you.

I encourage all of our students to stay active and healthy.  This will help mental wellbeing as well as physical health.  For our athletes…there are going to be many athletes across the state who take this time off and deteriorate.  This is an opportunity to outwork your competition.  Who can continue to drive themselves without the normal structure of practice and coaches in your ear?  Whoever can will crush it when we return.  Greenback Power!

We know we cannot duplicate the quality of instruction that comes from the normal opportunity to meet and collaborate with students daily.  I do, however, think we are going to walk away from this with new tricks up our sleeve, giving us opportunities to engage students in new and exciting ways when we can combo that with traditional class time as well.

Our social work team has put together some resources for families to help them through the various challenges that come with this time. (Click for link to resources)  Keep talking to your child’s teacher as we get everyone to the other side of the river. 

Take care,

Tony Helfrich

Superintendent

Pratt Schools USD 382